Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Wedding!!

Finally the big day arrived!! The day that the first nephew out of my 43 nieces and nephews took the big step of marriage and officially declared himself to be a man! All the relatives glowed with pride as that strong young man stood fearlessly before God and man pledging a lifetime of love and commitment to the love of his life!

There was a photographer who took pictures of the ceremony but no personal cameras were allowed so the pictures I have are all from the reception.

Here is the radiant couple and their gorgeous cake:

: Larry's wedding 093Larry's wedding 047

And here is the delicious food we inhaled:

Larry's wedding 088Larry's wedding 111

( I was so busy eating meatballs I forgot to eat dessert!)

And here are some nieces and a nephew singing a very nice song for their marrying cousin and brother and Uncle Kore singing a tear jerking solo about the family Bible:

Larry's wedding 102Larry's wedding 092

And then came afternoon visiting and poking around and getting ready to serve supper:

Larry's wedding 113Larry's wedding 108Larry's wedding 084Larry's wedding 152Larry's wedding 138Larry's wedding 136

Supper was as good or better than lunch but I was way to tired to even think about taking pictures!! Dad made his signature pulled pork BBQ, someone made coleslaw and I think Ida made cooked the noodles and I had the honors of pouring the brown butter on top, ( flooding them actually! ) We had lush, creamy, little cheesecakes too but I can’t remember what else. I just know it was good. And I remember of sitting across the table from a man who thought it was the most exotic thing in the world to sit across the table from a girl who lives in Haiti!! And he couldn’t wait to tell so and so, “ Guess who I met tonight? “ !!!!!!!! And it was just me, tired little me who was all of a sudden important because I live in a hot, stinky country and spend my days changing diapers and doing laundry!! Hehe, I love my life!!:

Larry's wedding 140

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of my missionary sister.

Andy Yoder