Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finally After a Big Brunch…

…two or three times around until we all got a turn at the table,Larry's wedding 251Larry's wedding 287

there was quiet talk and we were in twos and threes through the house.

Larry's wedding 306Larry's wedding 213Larry's wedding 022Larry's wedding 025

None of us thought about home or leaving very much. We were so busy hugging and eating and breathing together.

Larry's wedding 036Larry's wedding 038Larry's wedding 062Larry's wedding 065Larry's wedding 072Larry's wedding 076

Beth and I are sharing a big wad of soft melted cheese:

Larry's wedding 080Larry's wedding 081

Mostly we just enjoyed breathing together:

Larry's wedding 097Larry's wedding 119Larry's wedding 158Larry's wedding 116

We aren’t particular about beds, which is good since there aren’t many extras, so a few of us squeezed in together and the rest slept on the floor… It was different going to sleep with all that breathing in the house…

Larry's wedding 163Larry's wedding 167.

The next morning we climbed out of the beds leaving them too big and too quiet. We drove all day long and into the night, and while we traveled along we looked at the strange houses and different mountains we thought about all the fun times we had but we thought about the relatives too. Missing them. And they missed us.

The next day I had to pack my bags and say good-bye again:

Larry's wedding 150

As I flew away into the blue sky back to my home in Haiti I thought about my time at Rachel’s house loving her children, and about our trip to VA and I thought about next year when I will come again and eat up all her grapes and nuts and cheese and drink up all her milk and kombucha, and I promised her that she could come to Haiti and eat up all my rice and beans! I dreamed of living with Amy again someday… I thought about my family missing me and I missed them but most of all I thought about my little girl missing me and I missed her more.

125019