Sunday, November 18, 2012

This Do In Remembrance…

In October we as a staff were blessed to be able to have a lovely communion and foot washing service hosted by John and Deb Rumble from Washington. ( Wendy Levy’s parents )

Here Deb and two of her granddaughters mix the dough for the unleavened communion bread.

IMG_4757

Willing sister hands knead the dough smooth, blending the individual ingredients. Working it together till it forms one big happy union just like all of us blending together and with Christ until we are all one body melted together.

Haiti 12-10-28 026

Teaching little sister hands to make the bread. The bread we eat to help us remember how much Jesus loves us!

Haiti 12-10-28 028

We roll it out gentle, cutting each piece with care! The older teaching the younger just like Jesus said!

IMG_4775

IMG_4776

This is my body broken for you and as you eat it remember me~ Jesus

And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”    Luke 22:19

Haiti 12-10-28 033

This is my blood poured out for you and as you drink it remember me ~Jesus

And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the covenant in my blood. Luke 22:20

Haiti 12-10-28 056

“ If I then your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.”  John 13:14,15

Haiti 12-10-28 054

The older woman bending low to gently wash the feet of a busy mother.

Real life gets messy, people get messy, trials are hard, and patience wears thin but in the middle of it all we stop to remember… remember Jesus, remember love, remember why we are here!!

3 comments:

Story and Logic Media Group said...

Maryann. I am so glad to have met you this summer. Gary has been getting your blog and forwarding it to me but I have just now signed up myself because he might forget to forward sometime.

Thanks for sharing. Wish we could have been there with all of you!

Stacey jean said...

Glory. Wonderful. So Thankful. We recently had a footwaashing, and communion here in the jungle and it was one of the most precious we have ever been a part of.

God bless you Mary.

Anonymous said...

Just remembering and missing you all as Julia and I sit here at Starbucks and read blogs a couple thousand miles away. Miss and love you all, The Missing Sisterhood,
Sheila and Julia