Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Feet

The pitter-patter of my baby’s feet is music to my ears!! That’s right, Veronica is walking all over the house! It means a lot to me. Ever since I got her I have prayed for her to be able to walk even if she were to be handicapped. Of course it does not make any difference as far as my commitment to her, its just that I realize what a huge gift walking is… And now praise God, she is walking and at the appropriate age too! Sometimes I get a lump in my throat when I hear the pit-pat of her little feet, and the soft swish of her tiny skirt as she quietly but busily explores her world…

A day of exploring with Veronika may include sampling tasty tidbits of pine-sol, beetles, the end of the hose, and great gulps of soapy bathwater and handfuls of bubbles!!  It will likely include carrying eggs very gently with two hands so as not to break them and then finding out if you squeeze a bit to hard your tiny thumb will break through the shell… ( wow, that is a cool sensation! ) You might also crawl into the corner cabinet and play with colorful popsicle molds, or open drawers and pretend cooking with the pots and then get your fingers pinched when you close the drawer again. Other hot spots include the bathroom where you will always find a beautiful, pool of cool water to splash in (toilet), laundry soap powder, and tubs of soaking laundry outside the back door. On the other hand it would also include picking flowers with mommy, playing with my favorite can of rocks, running away from auntie, and having graham crackers and peanut butter for a snack.

Here are some recent pictures of her exploring:

IMG_0344IMG_0258IMG_0331IMG_0293IMG_0265IMG_0264IMG_0210IMG_0011-1IMG_0040IMG_0334IMG_0136

No comments: