Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You’ve Got To Try This!!

When I was on furlough my sister Rachel gave me the recipe for a coconut curry along with all the spices to make it. I don’t know why I didn’t try it right away… Last night I decided to try it and Wow, that was one delicious curry!! It was so incredibly good that Matt actually said it was Heaven food!

It was easy to make too. The most time consuming part is chopping the veggies. You just throw everything in the pot and let it simmer and smell up the house!!  I’ve eaten lots of curries but this one is probably my favorite! The coconut combined with the pungent taste of curry and spices gives it a rich, rounded out taste. And then the sugar combined with the cayenne pepper gives it an interesting twist.

I served it with chapatis which is like a flat bread or tortilla but it would also be great with rice.

We all loved it so much we were sitting around the table sighing and crying. Even the babies just dug in and ate fists full of it because they couldn’t get it in fast enough with the spoon.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures of it- I was much too emotional to think about something trivial like taking pictures. But here is the recipe and you’ve got to try it; that should be a law!! I used sesame oil instead of the two oils it calls for, curry powder instead of paste and coconut milk instead of shredded coconut and I didn’t have yogurt to add in the end but it was basically the same as the recipe and like I said before: FEIRCE GOOD!!!

P1120017

Just reading over this makes me want to jump up right now and go cook up a batch!!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Hey, what did I tell you!!!!

Hannah said...

Oh that sounds so delicous I think i'll have to make it! I can just hear you describing the flavors=)!

Naomi said...

I did! We love East Indian food, so this was a big hit, with lots of FRESH ginger and garlic. (Put it in the blender with a little water) We ate it with Roti, which we like even better than chapati. Thanks for the inspiration, it will definitely be on our table some more! :)