Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Thinking Spot

Recently Matt and Alicia, the houseparents, went to the states for three and a half weeks for a much needed rest. While they were gone Sulley and I were pretty much on our own with the six kids. Our one boy is very attached to them and was having a very hard time being sweet. One evening when I was at my wits end I lay on my bed and asked God what in the world I could do. This is what he told me to make:

A quiet spot where the boy could sit and think!

IMG_0041IMG_0042

It worked very well and we had a sweet little boy! It was a way to just give him some needed space to reflect and think about how to he wanted to deal with things.

IMG_0111

It worked so well we used it for the other boys too!

IMG_0080IMG_0078

God has some really good parenting advice not only in the Bible but if you just ask…